Chouffe Fest DC 2014
Toolbox Washington, District of Columbia, USA
There are no upcoming dates but check back soon.
Chouffe Fest, a one-night beer fest, is sweeping the nation, bringing the Chouffe world to gnome-sized life while enjoying our Belgian craft beers. In each market, Chouffe Fest transforms unique event spaces into a gnome-inspired realm using a larger-than-life entranceway, an eight-foot tall gnome throne photo booth and big-scale versions of the classic games checkers, Jenga and Connect Four. Chouffe Fest is artistically curated from top to bottom, introducing new stop-start animation loops in each city based on local landmarks. In addition to these massive projections, there are also stations offering live screen printed posters, on-site letter pressed postcards to write and send, coloring for the young at heart, and a gnome-i-fying caricature artist. Add in a special musical act, a DJ to keep the feet tapping and complimentary food to pair with delicious beers and Chouffe Fest offers an all-inclusive night that will not soon be forgotten. Uber is sponsoring rides for #ChouffeFest! If you are new to Uber, use the promo code CHOUFFEFEST to get $25 off your first ride (excludes TAXI). To sign up, download the app (available on iPhone & Android), or head to uber.com/go/ChouffeFest La Chouffe
- 9% ABV
- Belgian Blonde Ale
- Appearance: Golden color with a light haze. Full white head.
- Aroma: Peppery spice from phenols. Sugary sweetness.
- Taste: Candi sweetness up front. Fruity character and some phenolic (peppery) flavors. Alcohol hidden.
- Mouthfeel: Creamy, with high carbonation.
- Finish: Sweet semi-dry finish. Gently warming.
- 8% ABV
- Belgian-Scottish Dark Ale
- Appearance: Rich brown with a light tawny head
- Aroma: Fresh malty scent with notes of toffee and caramel.
- Taste: Nutty and spicy, think almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mouthfeel: Fizzy creamy, and delectable.
- Finish: Dry with noticeable warmth.
- 9% ABV
- Belgian Triple IPA
- Appearance: Semi-clear pale golden yellow, white head. White trails of lace all the way down the glass.
- Aroma: Loads of citrusy hops in the nose. Note of chouffe yeast funkiness ... very aromatic.
- Taste: Quite bitter upfront ... citric, heavy herbal and tobacco hop flavor. Biscuity malt lies underneath, mild kiss of honey like grain as well. Slight warming alcohol with a whiff of tropical fruit. Hint of phenols.
- Mouthfeel: Moderate body, light crispness with a long smoothness.
- Finish: Orangey hop finish complements the dry malt flavor in the end.